Advertising, social media activities, Paid promotion, Ad Campaigns and all the other activities carry huge spike of traffic to your website – however, have you recognize about how that will affect the website performance? The most menacing thing that can occur during high traffic spike if the website is not able to cater to your customers.
As per research, it is found that 73% of small businesses aren’t ready for an unexpected traffic spike. The best way to taking advantages of that traffic spike is to optimize your server and other things for a spike with great techniques. In this article, we shall discuss the top strategies which can help you to optimize your website for traffic spikes.
Support is the core value of any business. You need to give direct access to your customers who can reach anytime to you for their supports and queries.
There are various types of customer support.
- Social Media Support
- Live Chat Support
- Email Support
- Phone Support
You can directly connect with your customers on a support platform. Supports systems are should be per-decidable and user-friendly. If your organization is using a single support system for both general and technical support that can be easily manageable for the team and helping the organization to gain the trust of their customers.
Reduce Server Load Time
The server load time will play a crucial role, while you are preparing the e-commerce website for your business in 2020.
Sometimes there should be a huge amount of load time on the server of people who weren’t even log in. These traffic are might be coming from your various marketing activities and sources. Where they just viewers which is landing on the website to check it out but not have certain intention to purchase. There should be certain optimization for guest user or else it might bounce them out of your website. By creating splash page you can reduce the server load time, that page doesn’t need to refresh and you could cash all that. Due to this it can reduce almost 50% of server load.
Most SaaS applications utilize multi-inhabitant engineering, where all the occupants utilize similar programming and asset (“share everything”). The opposite finish of this range is to a greater degree a “share nothing” design, where you have a detached arrangement of assets for every customer.
E commerce has a mix of small and big customers. So you need to make your design accordingly which suitable for both the customers to give the most flexibility and stability. You can use AWS auto-scaling for your database. There are two main reasons for using this:
- It’s providing good security and there will be no chance of leaking the data between users like a bug in the application and bad query. And if it’s your target point then you can also use row security to achieve your goal.
- In the event that a customer ends up being large, you can without much of a stretch move them onto a committed database server to streamline their performance (for example you could tune this database dependent on their special usage pattern). This likewise avoids one large customer affecting execution for all the little stores.
A CDN (Content Delivery Network) permits you to offload certain components of your site – generally static ones – to areas around the world.
At the point when somebody visits your site, the Content will load from nearest free server, accelerating delivery. By putting away and naturally storing information in numerous areas around the globe, page components load rapidly, shielding your server from traffic over-burden.
Regardless of whether you have an incredible server and network provider, utilizing a CDN improves the world a spot by speeding up the page and making ease of use more prominent for guests to your site.
Analyzing & Monitoring
The best solution to prepare yourself for traffic spike is to have a system which notifies you about the spike are coming.
Consequently, having a spy on how and where users access your website. There are many analytics tools available in the market which can help you to generate this insight. You may use real-time monitoring from below which notifies you about high traffic period.
- Google Analytics
- Crazy Egg
By using the waterfall chart you can monitor your website for checking narrowing existence.
Public holidays are the days where you can expect spikes on website comparing to usual days. By having to know about these days helps your website to stay away from the crushing and falling to load. Identify the high volume days of the week and month too. It will help you to run your server continuously and smoothly.
Test your website is much important process in the flow of running the website smoothly.
Before knowing the users experience you must have to test by your end. It will help you to fix the bugs. Google page speed insight is one of the tools which help you to optimize your website and performance. It shows you some useful suggestions to optimize your website.
Optimization is a continually running procedure and genuinely necessary procedure to the great customer experience. It helps you to accelerate your site, boost your sales, and boost your site traffic as well.
- Speed Optimization: Recent studies show that if your website loading time is more than 3 seconds then there are 55% of chances where your customers can redirect to your competitors website. Keeping a thought of focused on frameworks and systems. It is basic to have productive page load time. Your server must be able for holding the season traffic spikes. Likewise, enormous Images and gif are the most basic things behind the slow site speeds. Perfect Image size must be any bigger than 150kb per picture at most extreme. Have ordinary checks with your designer for your Image optimization options.
- Sales Optimization: Customer support help is a significant part of sales optimization. Envision how your customers will look for the solutions to their inquiries. You can select chatbots, contact form, illustrative YouTube recordings that, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
- Mobile Optimization: This is an important point for your site to be optimized well particularly for Mobile visitors. Continue checking your site to guarantee that it’s well responsive to mobiles. Speed tests will be an extraordinary decision here, also.
We can say that the traffic spike on your website is too exciting but at the same time, it’ll become stressful if your website is not ready for the traffic spike. So you should be preparing your website accordingly that can handle spike anytime and if you already prepared for that then be assured it’ll be a game-changer movement for your business.
Website optimization is not one time process, even traffic spike will not come on any specific time, so it’s good to have a practice of continuously optimize your website for facing any situation.